During this time where we’re all online together, it’s still possible to stay connected to each other and to Central Piedmont. Let Student Life & Service-Learning offer you some easy ways to maintain your connections virtually!
- Central Piedmont and community blood center, One Blood, will host a blood drive on April 21, noon-5 p.m., in the driveway of the Overcash building on Central Campus. Space is limited in order to properly social distance and appointments are required. All donors will receive a $20 eGift Card, as well as a free wellness check (blood pressure, pulse, temperature, pulse, iron count and cholesterol check).Reserve an appointment or contact Jesse.Bennett@cpcc.edu with questions.
- Is sewing one of your talents? Participate in the North Carolina Community College System Community Service Project and help our medical community with the shortage of medical masks. Atrium Health has provided some simple GUIDELINES to sew masks. A short video tutorial can be found HERE. Please send an email to email@example.com to arrange delivery. Any student who makes 50 masks will get a “58 Strong” NCCCS T-shirt. Simply upload pictures and or video of your masks to this FORMto receive your T-shirt. Deadline to complete masks is June 1. Your photos and videos could be shown at the NCCCS Conference in October. Contact Jesse.Bennett@cpcc.edu for more information.
- Harper “Connect Four” On-Line – All Harper students are invited to join Career Services and Student Life in our weekly job-readiness challenges. Look for an email with the Subject Line “Harper Connect Four On-Line”. Everyone who completes a challenge will receive a prize as indicated in the email. If you are not a Harper student but you would like to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the challenge.
- Complete your Census 2020! Join the #iCountNC challenge by posting a picture, video, or TikTok about why it’s important to participate in the Census. Each post (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) that tags @nccampuscompact and #iCountNC has a chance to win a $50 gift card!
- This unprecedented time for all of us, and it’s easy to be overcome by anxiety and fear. Remember that Central Piedmont Counseling Services remain available to our students. Visit their website for information on how you can schedule virtual time with them. In addition, this CDC LINK has helpful tips on how to manage Coronavirus anxiety.
Questions? Ideas? Email email@example.com and let us know!