Central Piedmont offers you a ton of ways to get involved, make friends, do good for others, and have fun. While we offer hundreds of unique experiences on each campus during the semester (calendar of events), here are the Top 5 Ways to Plug-In This Week.
- Black History Month: Film and Discussion (Levine Campus)- Wed., Feb. 26, 3pm-5pm: Watch “Selma” and join us for some discussion. Refreshments provided.
- It’s Showtime (Central Campus) – Thu., Feb. 27, 5:30pm-7:30pm: Come out to the North Classroom building, room 1123 and watch your favorite shows and movies from the late 1990s and early 2000s with the Central campus Activity Board! Make new friends, have some snacks, and have a lot of fun! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or how to get involved!
- Service-In-Action Event: Latta Nature Preserve (Off-Campus) – Sat., Feb. 29, 9am-1:30pm and 1pm-5pm: THERE ARE TWO SHIFTS YOU MAY SIGN UP FOR ON THIS PROJECT. First shift: 9am-1:30pm Second Shift: 1pm-5pm Address: The Latta Nature Preserve, 5226 Sample Road, Huntersville NC, 28078. Student volunteers will assist with a variety of stations, including but not limited to: crafts, games, registration, assisting with shuttles, preparing free popcorn, tending fire pits, etc. Please dress according to the weather as this event is outside. Feel free to dress in fairy-themed clothing! **20 volunteers requested for each shift.
- Food Pantry Open House (Harper Campus) -Mon., March 2, 2pm-4pm:
Did you know each campus has an emergency food pantry? During this open house event, faculty, staff, and students can stop by to learn more about the food pantry and how we fight hunger on campus. Contact email@example.com with questions
- Women’s Suffrage/Voter Rights Program (Central Campus) – Tue., March 3, 11am-12pm in Tate Hall: Come out and learn about the 100 year anniversary of the ratification of the 19th amendment that gave women in the US the right to vote! The presentation will also include other voter rights issues and Q+A. Presentation is being facilitated by the League of Women’s Voters – Charlotte. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to become involved.