Meet your new Student Government Association (SGA) Executive Committee Officers!
- Logan Jones: President
- Tvisha Patel: Vice President
- Madison King: Treasurer
- Anusha Kargool: Secretary
- Dominic Kurz: Public Information Officer
“We are excited to get to work and represent your voices and the college!” says Dominic Kurz, Public Information Officer.
Working in tandem with Student Life, your new officers are dedicated to the betterment of Central Piedmont and representing your needs and championing your voices. SGA promises to:
- advocate for the student body
- take the needs and desires of students and student organizations into consideration
- serve to discuss any issues and facilitate communication and understanding between student organizations
- promote fiscal accountability within the SGA and any committee or organization funded by student activity fees
Office hours for committee members are coming soon and will be found on the SGA website. Have a question for SGA? Email email@example.com.
We’re looking for GREAT students to run for office in Student Government Association (SGA).
The deadline to apply is Monday, April 8. Download the application and get more information on SGA here: http://www.cpcc.edu/student_life/sga
The online election will take place April 12-21. All students taking curriculum (college-level) classes are able to vote!
Students who take on leadership roles in SGA serve as advocates for the student body, make budget recommendations, hear funds requests from student organizations and support programs and activities in Student Life. You will have the opportunity to grow as a leader, work with diverse issues and have fun while you’re doing it! Students MUST meet eligibility requirements and have availability on Wednesdays from 12:30-1:30 p.m. for meetings.
Student leadership is one of the most beneficial extracurricular activities a college student can get involved in on campus. It’s about: discovering who you are and what you are passionate about, making new friends, building a professional network, maximizing your opportunities, developing your skills, and – most importantly – having fun along the way. Please read the latest Student Life blog post to learn more about what it means to be a leader and to find out how you can get involved on campus.
The CPCC Student Government Association (SGA) is an organization run by students to represent fellow students, while also supporting the mission of the College and the Office of Student Life. The purpose of the SGA is to:
- advocate for the student body by conveying the opinions, ideas, wishes and needs of the students to the administration, faculty and staff.
- enhance student life on campus through social, cultural and educational activities.
- provide support to student organizations.
Please visit the Student Life blog for a message from the SGA President and to learn more about the upcoming General Assembly meeting.