During this time where we’re all online together, it’s still possible to stay connected to each other and to Central Piedmont. Let Student Life & Service-Learning offer you some easy ways to maintain your connections virtually! Be sure to visit the Student Life Events Calendar for all our virtual events!
- Join the online Seat at the Table with the Family Resource Center. Seat at the Table is a program created for students, faculty, and staff to have conversations that relate to their everyday lives outside of work and the (virtual) classroom. Friendships, mental health, self-care, and establishing boundaries are among the many topics that will be held during this stressful time. We meet online on Wednesdays at 12:30pm. Click here to join using the following meeting information (Meeting ID: 937-2645-1123 Meeting Password: 861458).
- Staying Connected While Staying Home: Civic Tech for Community Organizing. This program includes Christine Edwards, CEO of Amplify Charlotte, April 29th, 3pm-4pm. Join viaWebEx. We’ll cover strategies and best practices of staying connected through civic engagement while at home. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Like poetry? Watch our SWAG (Student Writers’ Assembled Guild) students as they read their own poems and poems by US Poet Laureate Joy Harjo. These students would have presented at an Open Mic for all at Levine Campus, and Joy Harjo was scheduled as our Irene Blair Honeycutt Distinguished Lecturer for Sensoria 2020.
- Attend the FREE webinar for students – “Crisis Budget Management.” We are offering this program each week through the end of the term. Learn important information about how you can best manage your money through this difficult time. Click here to see our options of dates, to register, and to receive login information for joining the webinar. You can also visit the Student Life Events Calendar for complete details as well.
- Volunteer from your home and challenge others to get involved too! Stay active and join us as we raise awareness and funds to help community partner, Cool Kids, who works to support kids with cancer. They are holding a virtual 5K challenge! You can run or walk 5K, invite your friends, share on social media and support a good cause!
Questions? Ideas? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!