Central Piedmont offers you a ton of ways to get involved, make friends, do good for others, and have fun. While we offer hundreds of unique experiences on each campus during the semester (calendar of events), here are the Top 5 Ways to Plug-In This Week.
- Student Resource Day (City View Campus): Join us on Thursday, February 6th (11am-1pm) where representatives from several student service departments will be present and available to speak with you! Don’t miss this opportunity to connect with the services you need.
- Level Up Personal Enrichment (Levine Campus): Level Up is an exciting new enrichment series developed to provide students opportunities for personal growth beyond the classroom. Through various interactive activities and training sessions, students will gain a greater awareness of self and develop a deeper understanding of their impact on others. If you’re ready to challenge yourself beyond your comfort zone, meet new people and begin a guided journey towards self-awareness and personal development, this program is for you! Sessions held from 11am – 1pm on the first Friday of each month of the school year beginning in September and ending in April. There are 20 spots available and students will be required to register on a first-come, first-serve basis. Certificates of completion will be awarded to students who complete all 8 sessions. Remaining Spring Semester Meeting Dates: 2/7, 3/6, 4/3. Contact Nakeshia Staley to register.
- Black History Film Screening (Levine Campus): We invite students, faculty, and staff to join us on Monday, February 10 (3:30pm-5:30pm) and February 12 (3:30pm-5:30pm) to watch the movie “When They See Us”. This will allow the opportunity to learn, discuss, and reflect on the criminalization of black and brown bodies, history of black suppression, and current social systems. A discussion and reflection will follow each episode. Students who attend at least two of the screenings will be credited 3 hours for community engagement through the Office of Service-Learning.
- Gender Identity Pronouns (Cato Campus): How would you like to be identified? Join us in Cato III Atrium on Monday, February 10 (10am-1pm) to create your own pronoun button and get to know your peers in the process.
- Seat @ the Table (Central Campus): Visit us on Wednesday, February 12 (12:30-1:30pm) for our Seat at the Table program. It is a program created for students, faculty, and staff to have conversations that relate to their every-day lives outside of work and the classroom. Friendships, mental illness, love, forgiveness, and sex are among the many topics that will be held at the “dinner table” on Wednesdays at 12:30pm in Overcash 242. All of Central Piedmonts’s community are welcome to take a seat. Contact Nawje Samuda if you have any questions.