During this time where we’re all online together, it’s still possible to stay connected to each other and to Central Piedmont. Let Student Life & Service-Learning offer you some easy ways to maintain your connections virtually! Be sure to visit the Student Life Events Calendar for all our virtual events!
- Stay active and join our community partner, the Latin American Coalition, in their virtual run to support Charlotte’s immigrant communities affected by the COVID-19 crisis. Unlike a traditional race, a Virtual Run/Walk takes place where you are and when you want, anytime from May 4th through June 8th, 2020. Visit https://sharecharlotte.org/city-immigrants-virtual-run for more information.
- Join the online Seat at the Table with the Family Resource Center. Seat at the Table is a program created for students, faculty, and staff to have conversations that relate to their everyday lives outside of work and the (virtual) classroom. Friendships, mental health, self-care, and establishing boundaries are among the many topics that will be held during this stressful time. We meet online on Wednesdays at 12:30pm. Click here to joinusing the following meeting information (Meeting ID: 937-2645-1123 Meeting Password: 861458).
- Spring is a great time to set new goals. Adrienne Charleston, Life Coach, was supposed to take part in this year’s Sensoria celebration, and we are capturing her motivating talk here. She’ll discuss how to make goals, plan for each step, and achieve goals–with a tailored approach given the current pandemic paradigm.
- Looking for a way to stay connected and give back to the community? Make sure you follow @cpccstudentlife on Instagram on Mondays. Every Monday, we will rotate a “how-to” video on an at-home service project with a Central Piedmont spotlight on one of our great community partners that you can volunteer with!
- Finals are coming! Study hard and connect with Central Piedmont Tutoring Services for any last minute preparation that you need support with. Visit their website for information on how to schedule a virtual visit and for free resources that can help you finish that last project or write that last paper.
Questions? Ideas? Email email@example.com and let us know!