Student Life is excited to host the first virtual Student Resources Week. We recognize the challenges that can come with taking classes remotely. Join us for Student Resources week, September 8 through 11, to learn from the many different resources the college offers to help you succeed as a student at Central Piedmont.
Throughout the week, you can watch videos about each support resource on FlipGrid. In their video, each support service will introduce themselves and what they offer. Student Life staff will also be available on Zoom each day from 3:30–4:30 p.m. to answer your questions.
As part of participating in Student Resources Week, you can enter to win one of three Apple AirPods with wired charging case.
To participate, join us for the Zoom meeting each day, or go directly to FlipGrid to submit any questions regarding the resources available. You will need to sign in using your Central Piedmont login credentials. Learn more about Student Resources Week.
For more information, please contact John.Gomez@cpcc.edu.
With classes moved online, the bookstore has new virtual processes to support you. If you have rented textbooks, they can be returned free by shipping back via UPS. Keep in mind, you will need your order number to print the UPS shipping label. This can be found in the confirmation email from your online order OR if you rented your textbook in store, find it in any of your rental reminder emails. The UPS label can be printed on or before your Charge Date. Please go online for the easy step-by-step Rental Return instructions.
Need to sell your college books?
Barnes & Nobles has partnered with MBS Textbook Exchange, the nation’s largest textbook wholesaler, to offer you the best prices for your used books. You can pack and send your books free of charge, and receive payment within 3 weeks. Learn more here.
Please return rentals for this semester by June 15. Please click here to access Rental FAQ’s or feel free to contact your bookstore at any time with questions.
During this time where we’re all online together, it’s still possible to stay connected to each other and to Central Piedmont. Visit the Student Life Events Calendar for some easy ways to maintain your connections virtually!
- Attend the FREE webinar for students – “Crisis Budget Management.” We are offering this program each week through the end of the term. Learn important information about how you can best manage your money through this difficult time. Click here to see our options of dates, to register, and to receive login information for joining the webinar. You can also visit the Student Life Events Calendar for complete details as well.
- Looking for a good social support group during this strange time? Join Danielle, from the Central Piedmont Family Resource Center, for FRC virtual open office hours on Thursdays at 4pm, beginning April 23. She’ll host students for a virtual group gathering with guided discussion on healthy practices during this stressful time. Visit the Student Life Events calendar for details or email Danielle.Dosunmu@cpcc.edu if you’d like to attend!
- Join Student Life and the Central Piedmont Library to jam with DJ-CK in celebration of National Library Week on Friday, April 24, 6pm-8pm. Library Live 2020 is being sponsored by CP Library and Student Life, and students, faculty and staff are invited to jam with DJ-CK as he plays classic music from major recording artists. Let us bring you some joy as you shelter in place!
- Visit our student juried art show! Support your fellow student artists who were selected to participate in this special event. Click here to see the full show.
- Miss the blood drive that Central Piedmont hosted? There are many other opportunities in our community as donating blood is a priority need right now. Click here to learn about other blood drive opportunities.
Questions? Ideas? Email email@example.com and let us know!