Interested in finding out what the highest paying or most in-demand jobs are? Have questions about writing cover letters and resumes? Need information about four year colleges? CPCC Libraries’ Resource of the Month can help you will all of these things!
Our featured resource of the month for September is Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center. This comprehensive resource contains authoritative information on a wide number of jobs and career fields.
• Job Profiles: Information on more than 4,850 jobs and 157 industries, broken down into 16 Career Clusters, is presented through overview articles and videos.
• Skills: Through informative articles and videos, this section helps users learn the essentials of various skills. Sample résumés and cover letters created by professional career consultants are provided.
• Resources: Users can search resource entries divided into convenient categories such as financial aid directories, college planning, organizations, internships, scholarships, and much more. School Search is also available.
• Videos: 290 videos introduce users to a wide variety of jobs, industries, and career development skills.
• Special Features: “My Life” interviews with professionals give a firsthand perspective on unique jobs such as snowboarding instructor and lobsterman.
It is an ideal resource to assist you with questions that you may have about careers.
Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center may be accessed here or from the Research Databases section of the library website.