The Central Piedmont NC STEM Alliance’s primary goal is to increase the number of students who successfully transfer to four-year institutions to earn a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) disciplines. All students can apply to be an NC STEM Alliance Student. If eligible, students may also become NC STEM Alliance Fellow.
Benefits of being an NC STEM Alliance Student:
- Attending professional development workshops on, but not limited to, how to be a successful student and success in transferring
- Receiving information regarding internships and research opportunities
- Gaining access to student services such as career services, financial aid, etc.
- Participating in community service efforts
- Peer Mentoring
Benefits of being an NC STEM Alliance Fellow:
- Developing an educational/career plan
- Undergraduate research
- Math coaching
- Financial assistance
Funded by the National Science Foundation, the NC STEM Alliance is open to all Central Piedmont students who want to participate. Additional support is provided to students who are defined as historically under-represented in STEM disciplines, (i.e. African-Americans, Alaskan Natives, American Indians, Hispanic Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Native Pacific Islanders).
Applications are due by Sept. 6 but please apply asap as it will be first come first serve-to apply click here