With classes moved online, Central Piedmont Barnes & Noble bookstores has new virtual processes to support you. If you’ve been awarded financial aid for fall semester, you may be eligible to cover the cost of your textbooks with remaining funds.
Charge eligible book and supply purchases to your student account today! Orders purchased with financial aid will be shipped via UPS and charged to your student account beginning August 1. But don’t wait – its best to place your order early for faster delivery.
In order to purchase books using financial aid, students must be awarded in MyCollege and have all requested documents submitted. To confirm you’ve been awarded, please follow these steps:
- Log into MyCollege.
- Select ‘Financial Aid’ on the right side of the page.
- Click the dropdown titled ‘Select an Award Year.’
- Make sure the term says ‘2020/2021 Academic Year.’
- Click on “Go to Account Summary” to view current aid status.
If you do not have a financial aid award letter, please follow these steps in MyCollege:
- Check your Self-Service Checklist for missing or incomplete documents.
- Review the “Action Needed” section and complete any required actions.
- Please note: When documents are received by the Financial Aid department, the checklist items will show “Completed” status.
Due to COVID-19, Barnes & Noble may experience delivery delays from publishers which could impact delivery timeframes for certain orders. The bookstore will notify you directly if any textbooks are on backorder. You can also log into B&N accounts to view order status for deliveries.
We encourage you to buy your books now in order to receive them as early as possible!
Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Buyback periods will be held at the Harper, Harris and Merancus Stores as follows:
Tuesday, May 7 – Thursday, May 9: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 3 – 7 p.m.
Friday, May 10: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Monday, May 13: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 3 – 7 p.m.
All rental books are due no later than Monday May 13
Buying your textbooks for the spring semester is now in full swing, and you have many textbook options. We offer a great rental program, as well as new, used books and ebooks.
Your booksellers will be more than happy to explain all of the options to you.
Purchasing your books doesn’t need to be a stressful situation; in fact here are a few tips to make it a quick, easy and even enjoyable process.
1) When going to the bookstore be sure to have a copy of your course schedule with you. This will help our booksellers ensure you are purchasing the correct text.
2) Bring your student ID Card. Not only is this used to purchase books if you receive financial aid, scholarships, or a sponsor, we love to see your smiling face on your ID.
3) While waiting to purchase your books, start up a conversation with the people in line with you. This is a great way to meet new people, and maybe even get some insight on a class you are taking, or are thinking about taking.
4) Remember to keep your receipt! We will gladly refund your purchase until January 18, 2013, as long as your books are in the exact condition as when you purchased them and you have your receipt.
5) Most importantly, your bookstores are here to help you with anything you may need, or any questions you need answered.
Have a wonderful semester!
We offer the largest selection of textbooks in a wide variety of formats, so students save money and textbook dollars stay on campus.
With more textbook rentals than any other bookstore provider, we were the first to offer this cost-effective and convenient solution online and in stores. With rentals, students can save more than 50 percent.
We offer the largest eBook library available (2 million titles and growing), as students discover the convenience, features and savings of up to 60 percent for going digital.
Yes…….with the spring semester approaching it’s getting near the optimum time for selling back the textbooks you don’t want to keep. Please be reminded of the following:
- Books must be in resalable condition…. no missing pages, liquid stains, cover tears, etc.
- Highlighting (and some pencil/pen marking) allowed.
- Laboratory books generally not accepted
- The price you get can vary with the store location and inventory requirements
We look forward to helping you with your textbook needs.
Financial Aid - New Resources. New Ways.
This is an urgent reminder from the Financial Aid office at Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC). Friday (8/17/12) is the last day for financial aid recipients to purchase approved books, bus passes and supplies in the CPCC Barnes & Noble bookstore. Please do not miss your opportunity to purchase items that will support your success in the classroom. We hope your fall semester is off to a productive start, and thank you for choosing CPCC.