Name: Daniella Abad Carnero
What is something about your country that others may not know?
- You only do 11 years of school before you go to college.
Is there a cultural custom about your country you like most?
- The cultural custom that I like the most in my country is “el día de la Canción Criolla” or “The day of the Creole song” which is the 31st of October in which we celebrate our African heritage through the music they brought to our country.
What challenges did you face entering USA?
- One of the challenges I faced when I move to USA was adapting to the fact that I could not walk wherever I wanted like in Peru. Here you definitely need a car if you want to go somewhere.
What do you miss most about your country?
- Two of the things I miss most is my family and Peruvian food
What do you like most about USA?
- The thing I like most about the USA is the fact that the government helps students either through student loans and financial aid to help finance their education.