Survey: How do you pay for college?

Central Piedmont is launching a survey to learn more about your experiences and opinions concerning how you pay for college and how you address money issues. We are partnering with Trellis – a non-profit organization that helps students succeed in college – who will be sending out the survey on our behalf. Look for the survey from “Trellis Research” in your Central Piedmont student email on Monday, Oct. 24.
Completing this survey will help us work on plans to serve you and your classmates better as you move towards graduation. Also, students who participate will be entered into a national drawing to win a $50 Amazon gift card (50 total gift cards are being given away).

Your privacy is important to us – all your answers will be combined with others and will not be linked with you personally. Please complete this survey when you receive it. We really believe that learning about your experiences and challenges can help us better support you in your educational journey at Central Piedmont.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact: Kim.Amory@cpcc.edu.

9 thoughts on “Survey: How do you pay for college?

1. At this point in time, because my GPA has been below 2.0 my family member has been paying for my classes. As a stay at home mom I will not be able to make time for a full schedule, which will make it hard to receive FAFSA. Because of this, I may have to continue to rely on my family for financial help with my classes.

2. My parents are paying college for me with the support of another one of my relatives. I also have an on-campus job to help my parents pay my rent because they are already paying for my school.

3. My brother loaned me money to start out. That was the initial push that I needed to get back to school. I did not qualify for in state tuition and it was very hard to find scholarships that I could qualify for. I am not paying as I go which is really hard.

4. I think this is a great initiative to assist students with paying for college or finding ways to help the student overall.

5. I pay for college by going to work close to full time. I drive for Uber eats on the side to help with the cost of textbooks. My mom helps me a bit with the cost of classes as well.

6. I am currently working 2 jobs and I am paying college on my since I don’t qualify for FAFSA.