Student Story: Yasha Washington

Photo of smiling student Yasha WashingtonYasha Washington is a Stockton, California native with a heavy track record of success. Yasha has obtained the Merancas Technical Scholarship, Levine Scholarship, Bahakel Scholarship, and the Central Piedmont Student Ambassador Scholarship.

In the future, Yasha hopes to own and operate a multimedia production company with her degree in Advertising and Graphic Design. “Ultimately, I would like to own and run my own magazine promoting BIPOC communities. Furthermore, I want to run a film production company devoted to BIPOC creators,” says Yasha.

While thinking about her higher education journey, Yasha had no idea what program she wanted to pursue. “During my research on Central Piedmont, I found out it has exceptional programs and is a stable pillar of the community. As a result, my decision to attend Central Piedmont was an easy one,” explains Yasha.

Yasha is constantly feeling fulfilled and supported at the college and within her program area. “Faculty are accessible and genuinely engaged with students, my peers are welcoming and friendly, and the opportunities and resources are plentiful,” says Yasha. As a student, Yasha truly feels encouraged every single day.

Advice you would give to a future Central Piedmont student: “Take advantage of the opportunities! There are so many resources available to students such as scholarships, clubs, organizations, career building, and much more. Central Piedmont is much more than classwork!”