Student Story: Candis Choice

Smiling woman with glasses and curly hair and stethoscope around her neck, holding an apple

Candice Choice

Candis Choice is a member of the National Honors Society, a mother, and an adult learner set to graduate in May of 2023.
Originally from Gray Court, South Carolina, Candis is proud to be a first-generation college student who is aspiring to become a health inspector. She is also a diligent member of the Positive Community for Women (PCW), as well as the President of Delta Alpha Pi (DAPi).
Candis was a previous high school student here at Central Piedmont, so she figured “Hey, why not go back and continue my education to further reach my career goals at the same institution that helped me before”, says Candis. Central Piedmont has given her the opportunity to meet new people, network, and gain a deeper understanding of the community.
“Central Piedmont has helped me realize that giving up is not an option. No matter what you are facing, they have the resources you need to succeed,” Candis says.
Advice Candis would give to future Central Piedmont students: You can accomplish your goals if you stay focused and stay the course. Get tutoring, join positive groups, and make sure to find a study buddy.
Unique/Interesting Facts about your college journey: I am 43 with two active young children and I have three jobs and STILL maintain school. I kept the faith, and I am almost at the end of the journey!