Diversity Week Spotlight: Rosalynn Hoang

Rosalynn

Name 
Rosalynn Hoang

Classification 
Staff

If you are an employee, in what area do you work?
Procurement

How long have you been at Central Piedmont?
11 years

What is your favorite part of Central Piedmont?
Central Piedmont provides so many opportunities that support growth (academically, personally, career-wise, etc.) and wants all of its students and employees to succeed.

What country are you originally from or your home country?
Vietnam

Please share anything you would like others to know about your native country or your experience living there.
Vietnam has beautiful landscapes. The people are warm, friendly, respectful, and the cuisine is superb.

How long have you been in the United States?
44 years

What is your favorite experience or memory since being in the United States?
Watching my kids perform in marching/concert bands and cheering on Clemson Tigers with my family.

How do you like to spend your free time? What are your hobbies? What is a fun fact about you?
I love to spend time with my family. My hobbies are gardening and learning a new language. Fun fact about me: When we got to the U.S., my family opened a very small restaurant in a small town in Illinois with the intention of being a quick service restaurant. It became so popular and grew into a fine dining establishment even hosting celebrities and CEO’s. In fact, the joint venture agreement between John Deere and Hitachi was signed there over some delicious Vietnamese egg rolls. 🙂

What else would you like others to know about you or about your life experiences?
I grew up surrounded by the war in Vietnam. I escaped communism hiding in a fishing boat in the middle of the night. I came to America empty handed and I appreciate its endless opportunities and its efforts to embrace diversity.

One thought on “Diversity Week Spotlight: Rosalynn Hoang

1. Rosalynn is a beautiful person inside and out. We are lucky to have her here at CPCC! It’s nice to know these unique things about her that I never knew. Very exciting life! Thanks for sharing.