Central Piedmont Community College art galleries are committed to inspiring, educating, and engaging students, faculty, and community members through access to exceptional visual art in all media. The Galleries support the teaching mission of the college by serving as a lab for the visual arts curricula and enriching other program areas of the college.
The Central Piedmont Art Gallery Program is an opportunity for current students at Central Piedmont to volunteer with the Arts Galleries Program to build leadership skills and gain valuable educational experience. Volunteers will learn about the daily operations of art galleries, explore possible careers in art-related fields, and share a passion for visual arts with others.
– Limited and awarded based on skills and qualification of the applicant.
– Available with the Ross Gallery and the Patty and Bill Gorelick Galleries at Central Piedmont.
– Students are expected to complete 5 to 10 hours a week during the semester.
– Students are expected to commit to both the fall and spring semester.
– Opportunities during the summer term may also be available.
Provided by the Central Piedmont Foundation, a scholarship of $2,000 is available to student volunteers accepted into this program for the 2019-2020 academic year. Please complete an application by August 2.