Most of our Stress results from over commitment and lack of Organization/Time Management
Stress Warning Signs
- Changes in eating patterns. *Changes in sleep patterns
- More frequent headaches. *Taking longer to fall asleep
- Shorter temper than normal for you. *Waking up tired and not well rested
- Recurring colds and minor illness.
- Frequent muscle ache and/or tightness.
- More disorganized than normal for you.
- Increased difficulty in task completion.
- A greater sense of persistent time pressure.
- Increased generalized frustration and anger.
What to do….
Give away/reduce some of your responsibilities when possible
Believe in your ability to do well and be successful
Remember Preparation is the keep to stress management and a success outcome.
Create a schedule/routine-Stick to it
Exercise to decrease stress (regularly)-yoga and meditation are wonderful for stress reduction
Minimize Caffeine (decreases anxiety/stress)
Take time out to laugh/ Do things you enjoy
Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night (helps with focus and confidence)
Avoid alcohol, tobacco, and drugs
Express Feelings in a clear and direct manner (example: “I feel angry when you….”)
End Negative Self-Talk and Increase Provide Self-Talk
Engage and get support from friends/family that are positive or have similar goals