Student Story: Alicja Glapiak

Alicja, smiling and wearing a Central Piedmont t-shirt.Meet Alicja Glapiak, an international student from Poland on a journey at Central Piedmont Community College. “I chose Central Piedmont because of the standards it presents in the Charlotte community and of the standards of the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) program,” Alicja says.

The Central Piedmont campus for her, became a place where inspiration thrives. Alicja decided on a career she envisions as a means to connect and motivate people: “I chose the PTA field because I want to be the spark in people’s well-being, encouraging them to nurture their minds and bodies.” Central Piedmont provided more than classrooms; it offered Alicja a supportive community, vital for an international student: “I was given a safe community space, which for an international student might be difficult to find, and opportunities to learn hands-on skills to grow as a Healthcare Professional,” Alicja expresses.

“Something unique in my college journey is the inspiration I draw from my instructors. Their educational competence, humor, and real-world experience make me impatient and excited for my future as a Physical Therapist Assistant,” Alicja recalls. Conquering Possibility, for Alicja, is about embracing challenges and celebrating every step you take, towards the best version of yourself!

Advice to future Central Piedmont students: “Be mindful in your college experience, ask questions, explore new skills, and seek for your purpose in your future career.”