The chair of Winthrop University will visit on Friday, November 7 at 10AM to review student portfolios.
Here’s what you need to know:
- in-state tuition may be possible for CPCC students
- scholarship opportunities are available
- even if you haven’t considered Winthrop University, it’s a good opportunity to get feedback on your portfolio AND get more info about a good, local school.
Here’s what you need to do:
- organize your portfolio:
10-20 works, neatly presented; can be actual works or digital
Choose work that show how you’ve met the objectives of the courses you’ve taken
Choose your best work. Avoid incomplete projects, if possible.
Be able to self-assess. Know your strengths and weaknesses.
- Ask your instructor for help selecting, if needed.
- sign up for a slot by contacting Carolyn.Jacobs@cpcc.edu or stopping by Overcash 152.
- if you can be here on Nov. 7, but want your portfolio to be considered, make arrangements to leave it with Carolyn Jacobs.
If you’d like a digital copy of Carolyn’s Portfolio Workshop lecture, email Carolyn.Jacobs@cpcc.edu to request it.