Student Leadership Conference: What’s Stopping You?

Every spring, the Office of Student Life hosts a three-day student leadership conference at YMCA Camp Cheerio in the Blue Ridge Mountains. This is a great opportunity for students to learn outside the classroom and interact with a diverse group of individuals, while also enjoying beautiful scenery and good food! Focused on personal growth and leadership development, this conference will challenge and motivate you to live out your potential and become a better leader in all aspects of your life.

While we won’t provide details on the conference itinerary (what’s the fun in that?), you should be prepared to participate in a full agenda of small group activities and interactive learning experiences. Sometimes, not knowing what lies ahead can be an exciting and worthwhile experience. Join us for a weekend that is sure to leave a lasting impression. If you don’t believe us, take a look at what previous attendees had to say about their conference experience:

•  “I was reminded of the importance of humility while in a leadership situation.”
  • “We had people from all sorts of different backgrounds and core values, yet we all had some unique characteristic or personality trait that made us all great leaders.”
  • “I really learned how to trust people in my group or around me. It challenged my communication skills and helped me think critically to dissolve issues.”
  •  “I never knew what effect I could have on the lives of others. This experience has opened my eyes.”
  •  “It taught me to not be afraid of who I am and made me realize that all of us are alike in many ways. It taught me not to judge so quickly and showed me that there are people out there that actually do care.”
  • “The entire process was energizing and emotionally fulfilling.”
  • “Although I was familiar with some of the students there, I was not aware of the greatness in them or myself. I learned to step outside of my comfort zone, apply the lessons learned at the conference to my everyday life, and enjoy the unknown individualities of other leaders in our world.”

If you are ready to learn about your own greatness, click HERE to apply to the 23rd Annual Student Leadership Conference. What’s stopping you?

Conference Dates: Friday, March 23 (8 AM) – Sunday, March 25 (4 PM)
Application Deadline: Tuesday, March 13 by 5 PM

This entry was posted in Leadership and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.