Printable Brochure: 2017 A3220 Interior Design
The Diploma in Kitchen and Bath Design equips students with the knowledge, skills, and competence needed for working in this specialized design area. Coursework includes the basics of design; both computer-aided and manual drafting techniques; 3D computer modeling; kitchen and bath materials, products, and business practices.
Graduates should qualify for a variety of jobs with businesses that specialize in or relate to design, sales, and installation of residential kitchens and baths.
Recommended course sequence (Effective Fall 2017)
- DES 110 Architectural Graphics (2 Credit hours)
- DES 125 Visual Presentation I (2)
- DES 130 Digital Apps/Interior Design (3)
- DES 235 Products (3)
- ENG 111 Writing & Inquiry (3)
Semester Total: 13 Credit hours
- DES 220* Interior Design Fundamentals (3)
- DES 255 History of Interior & Furn I (3)
- DES 112* Bldg Construction Systems (3)
- DES 120* CAD for Interior Design (3)
- DES 242* Kitchen & Bath Design (3)
Semester Total: 14 Credit hours
- DES 243* Kitchen & Bath Des Advanced (3)
- DES 210* Business Practice of Int Design (2)
- COM 231 Public Speaking (3)
- MAT 110** Math Measurement and Literacy (3)
- WBL 111* Work-Based Learning I (1)
Semester Total: 12 Credit hours
Minimum Hours Required 37 Credit hours
- DO NO TAKE ARCH 111 OR ARC 114
- Courses shown in bold should be taken first.
- Students may enter these programs in the fall, spring, or summer semester, however, some courses are only offered during certain semesters.
* Prerequisite required, refer to course description for more info.
** Take one of the following math courses: MAT 110; MAT 143; MAT 152; MAT 171; MAT 173; MAT 263; MAT 271