Written by Laurie Jachym, Disability Counselor
As the fall semester is coming to a close, it’s time to start thinking about NEXT semester! Spring 2015! There are many factors to consider when you are choosing classes….online vs. on campus, time of day, number of credits, location of classes, what classes to take…..It takes some preparation but there is help and support for you as you are registering! Here are some tips to help you register for your classes:
1. Find out when you can register! Check your student email account for your registration date. Here is the link to important registration information. Register as soon as you can because classes fill up FAST!
2. Meet with an advisor.
- If you are a current student and have not picked a program of study yet, meet with an Academic Advisor at any of the CPCC campuses. Click here for their website.
- If you are a current student and have declared a program of study you need to meet with your faculty advisor. Check your MyCollege account if you are not sure who is your faculty advisor. Click here for contact information for faculty advisors.
3. After you are advised, meet with your Disability Counselor to review your recommended courses. The Disability Counselor can help you fine tune your schedule by taking into account your academic strengths and weaknesses, accessibility issues, and your disability.
- If you need help registering for the first time First Year Experience can help you! On Central Campus, they are located in Central High room 110 and the number is 704-330-6100
- All students can visit the campus Student Success Center for registration help.
5. Once you have registered for classes, contact your Disability Counselor to arrange for your spring accommodation forms to be completed and picked up. Contact the office to schedule an appointment with your Disability Counselor.
6. If you have not been assigned to a Disability Counselor yet and you wish to receive academic accommodations at CPCC, follow our guidelines and procedures handout to get more information on submitting your documentation to our office.
Please let us know how we can help during registraton! Please visit our website, call, or visit our office for more information about our services!