Please join us in congratulating the Drama Department’s students, staff, and faculty for their well-deserved nominations for the 2019 Broadway World Regional Theatre Awards. Voting is now open! Visit Broadway World’s website to vote and see the rest of the nominees in the area.
Elections for new officers of the CPCC Student Government Association Executive Committee are underway, and all currently enrolled curriculum students are able to cast their vote! These students serve for a full-year term, representing the needs and interests of all students at CPCC. They provide feedback to college administrators and committees, support student organizations with funding and resources, plan student events and support the campus SGA Councils in their work on all of CPCC’s campuses.
Candidate information and voting links can be found here. Voting takes place from April 16 – April 23.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
CPCC’s Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) Program students need your help. The NDE club needs the money to send students to the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing Annual Conference, which is being held in Long Beach, Calif., this year. The average cost (travel plus lodging) will be around $1,300 per student. The conference is a great way for students to network and find prospective employers and gives our school’s program and CPCC increased credibility.
To help with this initiative, the program has created a workplace safety video and needs your vote! Votes can be cast by going to this link: http://www.careersafeonline.com/index.php/component/content/article/2-uncategorised/268-2016-video-poll. The CPCC video is third from the top and titled “All Safe. All Day.” First prize is $5,000!
Vote for CPCC today!
CPCC is an early voting location for the upcoming elections:
- VOTE FOR ENERGY $AVING$
- VOTE FOR GOING GREEN
- VOTE FOR SUSTAINABILITY
CPCC FACILITIES SERVICES IS COMMITTED TO SAVING ENERGY AND SUSTAINABILITY!
If you have any questions, contact Pam Metcalf, director of Energy and Sustainability, at Pamela.firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 6079.
On March 15, North Carolinians will get the opportunity to vote on $2 billion dollars of investments in education, farming, our zoo and state parks, and in small towns and urban cities across the state…without raising taxes.
The $2-billion infrastructure bond will connect North Carolina to the 21st Century through statewide investments in higher education, agriculture, state parks, National Guard and water and sewer projects. CPCC will receive $9.6 million to address some key facility and property needs. These include building a second central energy plant at Central Campus, purchasing property adjacent to Central Campus, and constructing facilities for the new truck driver training program at the Merancas Campus.
For more information about the statewide bond referendum, see www.VoteYesToInvest.com.
Please vote today for CPCC to Win the Charlotte Chamber Wells Fargo Green Award!
- Recycling: CPCC has almost DOUBLED its recycling rate in three years – from 20.9% to 38.9%. Great job, all!
- Energy and Water Conservation: Over the past year, CPCC’s electricity consumption dropped 12% and gas consumption dropped 33%.
- Sustainability & Renewable Energy Use:
- Solar thermal system for hot water at Van Every Culinary
- Solar PV lights at the Harris Campus and Disher parking lot
- Solar PV on Elizabeth Classroom for STEMS program and Duke Energy grid tie-in
- Solar PV USB chargers on the Central Campus quad and at Levine Campus
- Electric car charger in SD3 and Cato Campus
- Cistern for irrigation and rain garden at Van Every Culinary
- Wildlife habitats at all campuses
- Green wall at SD3
- LED lights in all new construction and renovation projects
- Ice storage for Levine 3
- Solar PV at Levine 3
- Electric car charging stations at all campuses
- Green roof on Pease Auditorium
Look for the CPCC Bond Referendum on the Mecklenburg County ballot. For more information about the CPCC bonds, visit www.cpcc.edu/bonds.