Student Life has spent the summer designing fun virtual student experiences and we look forward to a year of social spaces, plenty of opportunity to build personal and professional skills, and ways that you can connect with other students who share your interests and goals. We might be at a distance from one other, but connection still matters (and it helps you be a better student).
Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Welcome Week: Some fun, including trivia, games and a virtual student club fair!
- E-Sports: New for 2020! We know lots of you are gamers, and we think this will be a popular addition!
- Civic Engagement: 2020 has been an important year for our country and community. Find ways to connect to voting, volunteering, important issues, and more!
- Leadership Development: You can learn more about your talents, developing skills for your career. Our Summer Leadership Academy was popular, and we’ll have new opportunities for brand new and returning student leaders.
- Current issues: Look for programs and conversations about racial justice, inclusion, making change, and asking tough questions.
- Wellness: These days can be difficult for everyone, so learning healthy strategies for managing stress and anxiety are important skills.
- Student Clubs: Virtual organizations are possible! Look for our club fair Aug. 20 and club interest meetings on the calendar soon.
How can you keep posted on what we’re doing? Three easy steps!
- Follow @cpccstudentlife on Instagram! The best way to see what we’re all about!
- Download the Central Piedmont app (you need it anyhow!) and you can find our Student Life Events Calendar there.
- Click here to check out our website and see our events calendar there.