Parking at CPCC
This parking article will show you where to park and how to get to all of our campuses. Take a moment to read it and study the campus maps and adjacent streets to plan your best route. Visitor parking is allowed in designated areas.
Fees, North Carolina statutes and codified CPCC regulations:
- Campus Access, Parking and Security fee: The CAPS Fee will cost curriculum students $97 (who are registered for 9 credit hours or more), $73 (8 credit hours or less), and $12 per class for Corporate and Continuing Education (CCE) students. No student will be charged more than $97 per semester. Fees are subject to change without notice.
- North Carolina General Statutes 20–37.6: Parking in a handicapped parking space without a handicapped placard (permit) is illegal. Using someone else’s placard when that person is not using the vehicle is also a misdemeanor. Violators will receive up to a $250 citation. If you need a handicapped placard, contact the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles for an application. Central Campus handicapped access information is available in the Office of Disability Services, Terrell Building, Second Floor.
- Park only within lined spaces in the appropriate staff or student lot. Cars improperly parked or blocking other cars may receive a parking violation notice or may be towed or booted at the owner’s expense. Any vehicle receiving more than three notices of parking violations within a semester/term may be towed or booted at the owner’s expense. Excessive violations may result in a hold being placed on grades and registration.
- Parking violation fees must be paid promptly. Please see instructions on citation. Send appeals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On all campuses, you may get answers to parking questions not answered by this brochure at the information center on campus.
- Sharing, exchanging or allowing others to use your parking permit to access CPCC parking lots, is a violation of NC Code. Those caught will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and students can also face disciplinary action for violating CPCC’s Student Code of Conduct.
Student parking permits can be obtained at the following locations at the beginning of the term:
- Cashiering Office (all campuses) during regular business hours
- Central High Building, Room 122 on Central Campus, first two weeks of semester from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
Parking decals must be displayed by September 1.
For all campuses
Due to the popularity of morning classes, parking spaces may be difficult to find between the hours of 9 and 11:30 a.m. You can make the task easier by studying the helpful hints and parking instructions that follow.
- Always display your permit.
- Expect parking to be more challenging during the first weeks of each semester.
- Consider scheduling classes in the early morning or the afternoon.
- Consider carpooling with a friend, especially the first few days of classes.
- Instead of driving to campus, ride the bus. Bus schedules are available in the Student Life Center. Bus passes are sold at a discount in the CPCC Bookstore. Consider taking CATS’ Gold Rush which provides a quick connection to the Charlotte Transportation Center and the LYNX Blue Line.
- Many streets surrounding Central Campus are one-way or have medians that restrict turns. Note the location of each parking lot and its best point of access for you.
- All drivers who use Central Campus Lot 31 must pay when exiting the lot.
- For easiest access to Central Campus parking deck #2, enter from N. Torrence Street.
- Arrive on campus early for classes.
- Take the time to visit our beautiful campuses before the first day of classes. Drive around and locate each parking lot; park and walk around the campus using the map to locate the buildings where your classes are scheduled.
- Do not park in off-campus parking lots as area businesses may tow your vehicle.
- Follow Twitter hashtag #cpccparking on Twitter for timely parking updates from @CPCC.
The College Security Officers are here to help you. No matter what kind of situation arises at the College, contacting CPCC’s 24-hour Central Dispatch Station (Facilities Services, 1325 E. 7th Street) is the first step toward resolving problems. As soon as you dial for assistance, a radio call will go out to the nearest security officer. If additional help is needed — fire, police or medic — it can also be immediately dispatched.
- Call 704.330.6911 for emergencies on all campuses.
- Call 704.330.6632 for non-emergencies on all campuses.
- Send anonymous tips using your mobile phone. Text cpcctip and your message to 67283.
1201 Elizabeth Avenue, Charlotte, 28204– 704.330.2722
CPCC Central Campus
Central Campus Parking Decks:
Directions to Central Campus:
- From Charlotte Airport: Exit Airport, left lane to I-85N • Exit right to Hwy 16 (Uptown) at mile 36 • Take I-77S. Exit 10-B (Trade, 5th St.). Stay on Trade through town. Trade becomes Elizabeth, shown on detail map. From Gastonia: I-85N. Join I-77S • Exit right to Hwy 16 (Uptown) at mile 36 • Take I-77S. Exit 10-B (Trade, 5th St.) • Stay on Trade through town. Trade becomes Elizabeth, shown on detail map. From Monroe: Hwy 74N (Independence Blvd.) right lane • Enter parking deck from Charlottetowne Ave. past Elizabeth Ave. on right.
- From Concord: I-85S. Take right exit 38, immediate left to I-77S • Exit 10-B (Trade, 5th St.) • Stay on Trade through town. Trade becomes Elizabeth, shown on detail map.
- From Rock Hill: I-77N • Exit right 10-B (Trade, 5th St.) • Stay on Trade through town. Trade becomes Elizabeth, shown on detail map.
- From Hickory: Hwy 16S • Join I-77S • Exit 10-B (Trade, 5th St.). Stay on Trade through town. Trade becomes Elizabeth, shown on detail map. From Statesville: I-77S • Exit 10-B (Trade, 5th St.). Stay on Trade through town. Trade becomes Elizabeth, shown on detail map.
(formerly North Campus)
11930 Verhoeff Dr., Huntersville, 28078 – 704.330.4100
CPCC Merancas Campus
Directions to Merancas Campus: I-77 North • Exit W.T. Harris Boulevard • Left on Statesville Road • Approximately 4 miles right on Verhoeff Road • Entrance to the campus is approximately 1/2 mile on right
3210 CPCC Harris Campus Dr., Charlotte, 28208 – 704.330.4601
CPCC Harris Campus
Directions to Harris Campus: From the north on I-77 take Hwy. 74 westbound • left on Morris Field Drive • left on CPCC Harris Campus Drive OR from the south on I-77, exit then right onto Billy Graham Parkway • right on Morris Field Drive • immediate right on CPCC Harris Campus Drive OR from I-85 take Billy Graham Parkway toward the airport • left on Morris Field Drive • immediate right on CPCC Harris Campus Drive
8120 Grier Road, Charlotte, 28215 – 704.330.4800
CPCC Cato Campus
Directions to CatoCampus: I-85 North • Exit 45 East – WT Harris Boulevard • Go south 4 miles • Left on Grier Road • Right into campus
315 W. Hebron Street, Charlotte, 28273 – 704.330.4400
CPCC Harper Campus
Directions to Harper Campus: I-77 South to Arrowood Road • Left on Arrowood Road • Go approximately 1 mile and Arrowood splits off to Hebron in the right lane at the third stop light • Right into Campus OR South Boulevard (521 South) • Right on Hebron Road • Left into Campus
2800 Campus Ridge Rd., Matthews, 28105 – 704.330.4200
CPCC Levine Campus
Directions to Levine Campus (from Charlotte): Monroe Road East • Left at Campus Ridge Road • Go approximately 1 mile • Entrance to campus on the left OR 74 east past 485 exit • Take next right onto CPCC Lane to Campus Ridge Road and turn right • Go approximately 0.2 miles • Entrance to the campus on the left