Free income tax services are available for Central Piedmont students, faculty, and staff until April 15 through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA). Qualified participants earn $64,000 per year or less.
Eligible individuals are able to participate in two ways, through a Virtual Intake Center or by sitting down in person with a VITA trained tax preparer.
Virtual Intake Sites allow participants to bring the tax documents to a designated location where the tax documents will be uploaded through a secure server, and prepared by a trained VITA tax preparer.
Virtual Intake Sites are available at Cato Campus, Building III, and Room 118 and at Harper Campus, Harper 4, Room 218. Learn more here.
In-person sit-down appointments will be available in the Overcash Building on the Central Campus, in Room 232 (next to Tate Hall). Operating hours for the in-person site are:
- Monday: 10 a.m. – noon and 1 – 7 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. – noon and 1 – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. – noon and 1 – 5 p.m.
- Thursday: 10 a.m. – noon and 1 – 5 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. – noon
- Saturday: 9 a.m. – noon (Walk-Ins Only)
Click here to make an appointment.
Please make sure to bring all necessary paperwork with you to your appointment:
- Proof of identification (photo ID). If filing a joint return, both spouses must be present to sign required authorization forms
- Social Security Cards or an ITIN letter for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Wages and earning statements (W2, W2-G, 1009-R,1099 Misc., etc.) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal & state tax returns, if available
- Proof of bank account with routing and account numbers for direct deposit
- Total paid to a daycare provider, including the daycare provider’s name, address and tax identification information, such as a social security number or Employer Identification Number (EIN)