Melvin Whitehead, a researcher at the University of Georgia, is still looking for one more participant for his study “The Experiences of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Students of Color Attending a Community College.” The study will explore the experiences of LGBTQ+ students of color in accessing community, resources and support with the intended goal of helping faculty, staff and administrators better support this population. The student who opts to participate will complete one interview lasting between 30 and 45 minutes. All responses will remain confidential.
The student who participates in the study will receive a $20 Amazon gift card.
To participate, the student must:
1. Be a currently enrolled student at CPCC (either part time or full time),
2. Be 18 years old or older,
3. Have completed at least one semester of study at CPCC
4. Self-identify as a person of color, and
5. Self-identify as LGBTQ and/or similar gender identity/sexual orientation (e.g., pansexual, genderqueer, nonbinary, etc.)
Any student who meets the above criteria is encouraged to participate. However, he is especially interested in hearing from students who are transgender or gender nonconforming, part-time, and/or primarily taking classes outside of Central Campus (e.g., at the Levine, Cato, Harris, Merancas, or Harper campuses).
If you are interested in participating, please contact him at email@example.com by January 20, 2018, to set up an interview. If you have any questions about the study, you may contact him or his supervising professor, Dr. Darris Means, at firstname.lastname@example.org.