CPCC is proud to announce the offering of the WINGS Scholarship (Women Initiating and Nurturing Growth Through Scholarships) program to eligible female students. The WINGS Scholarship is a scholarship program for women at Charlotte-area colleges and universities and women who are 25 or older who need help overcoming the obstacles that stand in the way of achieving their goals. A woman who receives a WINGS Scholarship has a clear educational and career plan and has proven her ability to accomplish not only academic work, but also her ability to do well in other facets of life.
The WINGS Scholarship not only provides financial support, but also offers something potentially even more valuable: mentors. Two or more seasoned, active, executive or professional women, chosen for the specific expertise they can bring to the recipient’s goals, are assigned as mentors to every WINGS recipient. These mentors provide recipients with their own experience, perspectives, counsel, networks and personal support. Throughout the year, recipients meet with their mentors. Attendance is required at the WINGS Scholarship Luncheon which honors all recipients and graduates.
Eligible applicants who meet the following criteria will be considered for a scholarship:
* Have a clear sense for what they want to achieve through education and a plan for doing it.
* Have successfully completed some post-high school studies with a grade-point average of 2.5 whether they are currently enrolled or not.
* Have shown through their studies, and in other ways, that they are serious about their personal and career goals.
* Are U.S. citizens.
* Are at least 25 years old.
* Meet eligibility criteria to receive financial aid.
* Are the major source of financial support for themselves and/or their children, or need retraining in order to achieve higher earnings or greater financial security.
If you are interested in applying for this wonderful scholarship opportunity for the upcoming 2013-2014 school year, please download, complete and submit the WINGS application and three references. WINGS application and reference documents are available through the CPCC Financial Aid website under “Financial Need Scholarships.” The aforementioned forms are located under the “WINGS Scholarship (Women Initiating and Nurturing Growth) heading at the bottom of the following link:
All applications and reference letters are to be submitted to the CPCC Scholarship Coordinator in the office of Financial Aid & Veterans Affairs no later than April 12 (application deadline) for WINGS Scholarship consideration.