Is your resume EmployUP ready? Career Services is ready to help you get your resume ready for next month’s career fair on Thursday, March 3 from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Grady Cole Center. Check out what you can do:
· Schedule a 30-minute resume appointment with your campus career counselor
· Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and receive a reviewed resume in your inbox within 24 hours
· Create an EmploymeNC account and upload your resume to receive a resume critique
· Review the Resume Tips section of the Career Services website
Employers immediately reject candidates with bad resumes. You have worked too hard in your academic program to be dismissed from job opportunities due to a poorly written resume. Visit Career Services (virtually or in-person) today!
It’s the last week to get ready for the CPCC Career Fair! The event takes place next Thursday, March 5 from 10 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. at the Grady Cole Center (next to the Central Campus).
Recruiters are eager to talk to CPCC students about full-time, part-time and internship positions with their companies.
Career Services wants to help you with last minute preparations. Check out these resources to help you get ready:
- Check out Career Services on Pinterest, where you can find even more career fair resources, including our board that highlights all attending companies.
When you attend the fair next week, remember:
- professional dress is required for admittance.
- to bring your CPCC Student ID to gain access through the VIP entrance.
- to have multiple copies of your resume to give to recruiters you talk to.
Learning about job openings and getting the chance to talk to employers face-to-face is one of the toughest steps in a job search. The career fair takes care of both tasks in one day. Don’t miss out on this prime job search event!
More than 80 employers registered for the CPCC Career Fair!
Get your resume ready!
The CPCC Career Fair is just a few weeks away! Mark your calendar for Thursday March 6, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Companies from a variety of industries will be at the Grady Cole Center to discuss part-time and full-time job openings.
Don’t judge a company by its title or industry. One employer is looking for candidates from three different programs (Business Administration, Hospitality Management and Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology). Another employer from the banking industry is seeking students from the Criminal Justice Technology program. Be sure to visit the list of employers link and search by academic programs to find companies looking for your qualifications.
Is your resume ready for the Career Fair?
Update or create your resume now and bring many copies to the career fair. Employers will be collecting and reviewing them, looking for candidates to contact for job interviews. Will your resume make the cut?
- Develop a one page resume that’s targeted to specific companies and industries.
- Use keywords found in your targeted industries and action verbs to describe job duties.
- Make sure the appearance is consistent and standard (no fancy fonts or colored graphics).
- Check for spelling errors.
- Remember that employers glance at resumes for an average of just six seconds!
Visit the Career Services blog and the Career Services Career Fair link for more helpful information.
Finally, have your resume reviewed by a career counselor in our offices located on all campuses. Contact our Central Campus office at 704.330.6433, CH 365 or view contact information for Career Services at other campuses.