Mark your calendar for Thursday March 5, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m for the CPCC Career Fair. More than 95 companies will be at the Grady Cole Center to discuss full-time, part-time and internship opportunities.
What should you be doing now to get ready for next month’s job searching event?
Have your resume reviewed by a career counselor. You have three options for doing so:
- Schedule a 30-minute resume appointment with a career counselor at your campus.
- Email your resume to a career counselor for suggested edits.
- Stop by Central Campus Drop-In Hours, every Wednesday 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (no appointment necessary). Bring a printed copy of your resume with you.
Get your professional attire ready.
- Professional dress is required for admission to the event.
- Dress to impress the employers.
- Visit the Career Services Pinterest board for tips on what to wear.
Research companies attending the career fair.
- Use the link listing attending employers to learn which companies are recruiting for your program.
- Research the companies you want to talk to.
- Apply now through EmploymeNC to the jobs they’re recruiting for. This shows the recruiters your interest!
- Practice your pitch outlining what you’ll say to employers at the fair.
Be sure to visit the Career Services career fair tips page for additional resources.