The CityLYNX Gold Line, Charlotte’s new rail service (trolley car) is now servicing CPCC’s Central Campus! The Gold Line is a free service; therefore, students do not need a ticket to ride. It runs every 15 to 20 minutes from Time Warner Cable Arena to Novant Presbyterian Medical Center, along Elizabeth Avenue.
|Monday – Thursday:||6 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Friday:||6 a.m. to midnight|
|Saturday:||8 a.m. to midnight|
|Sunday:||9 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
When on or around the rail vehicle, please remember the following:
• Park only in designated spaces. Even if just for a few minutes, do not park your car on Elizabeth Avenue if there is not an official parking space.
• Your entire vehicle, including mirrors, must be within the solid white parking lines. Incorrectly parked cars will be subject to a citation and towing.
• Cyclists should cross the tracks at a 90 degree angle to avoid getting wheels stuck or crashing.
• Cross only at designated crosswalks.
• Do not cross in front of a streetcar. Even if the streetcar is stopped. Wait for the streetcar to pass before you cross.
• Watch your heels. Step over the tracks to avoid catching your shoe in the track gap.
Your safety is our #1 priority. Use the information above or watch the City of Charlotte’s online safety podcast (and earn a FREE T-shirt!) to stay safe on and around the streetcar system. For more safety information, please visit: http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/cats/lynx/Pages/rail-safety.aspx