The All-Star Game and related events will have a significant impact on Center City, including transit and traffic.
- A number of streets in Uptown and around the Spectrum Center will close beginning the evening of Wednesday, Feb. 13 through Sunday, Feb 17.
- The Charlotte Transit Center will temporarily relocate to E. 7th Street, next to First Ward Park, from Friday, Feb. 15 through Sunday, Feb. 17.
- Traffic in and around Uptown on Friday afternoon, Feb 15, likely will be heavy. Central Piedmont students and employees should plan accordingly.
- Starting at 5 p.m. each evening from Friday, Feb. 15 through Sunday, Feb. 17, purses, tote bags, and backpacks will not be permitted on the LYNX Blue Line light rail. Riders passing by the 3rd and 7th Street stations will be required to disembark for a security sweep and will be permitted to re-embark once the check has been completed. No trains will stop at the CTC station.
- CMPD anticipates extremely heavy traffic on Independence Boulevard beginning Friday, Feb. 15, and asks that local drivers avoid Uptown if at all possible.
- A link with complete information is here.