CPCC strongly recommends changing your password to be safe. It is also recommended you change your passwords to any website (banking/financial, email, social media, stores and commerce, etc) that you have an account with as a precautionary measure. While it’s common use for one single password for multiple websites, it is best practice not to use the same password for all website logins. This will help lessen the risk of becoming impacted if one service is compromised, thus ensuring a potential attacker doesn’t have your password for the multiple accounts you might own (including CPCC) if you are using one password for all websites.
To change your current CPCC password, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cpcc.edu
- Under “Online Services,” click the first option “CPCC Login.”
- Under the column “CPCC Login Start,” click the third option “Manage Account.”
- Type your current CPCC username and password, and click “Login.”
- Choose the first option “Password – Change your password.”
- Enter a new password using the criteria as instructed, and click “Submit.”
- After hitting submit, you will be taken back to the previous screen and a message will appear .Your password was updated successfully.”
- Click “Logout” to finish.
Additional information, including other best practices documents and specific information security alerts, is available on the ITS Security website at http://www.cpcc.edu/its/faculty-staff/its-security/best-practices.
If you have any questions or need assistance changing your password, please contact the Help Desk at ext. 5000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.