Sensoria – April 12-20, 2013
Sensoria, CPCC’s annual celebration of the arts, brings the best in literature, music, visual arts, theatre, opera, history, culture and culinary experiences together for more than a week of cultural enrichment, community engagement and pure entertainment.
New this year is a Sensoria Nights, a special highlighted event each evening. Sensoria Nights events include:
- Friday, April 12 CPCC Opera Theatre presents “Dialogues of the Carmelites”
- Saturday, April 13 CPCC Theatre presents “Fences”
- Sunday, April 14 The Charlotte Jewish Film Festival presents “Broadway Musical: A Jewish Legacy”
- Monday, April 15 Bechtler on Campus, in collaboration with the CPCC Music and Art Departments
- Tuesday, April 16 Digital Film People, an interactive discussion about the film industry in N.C. and beyond
- Wednesday, April 17 Ron Rash, acclaimed author and winner of the 2013 Irene Blair Honeycutt Distinguished Lecturer award
- Thursday, April 18 Poetry reading by Li-Young Lee, one of six poets featured in the documentary film, “Poetry of Resilience”
- Friday, April 19 The Jazz Diva Presents Joe Sample
- Saturday, April 20 Tosco Music Party
More Sensoria Events + Mobile
Sensoria Nights are just a part of what Sensoria has to offer. A complete list of each day’s events is available on the Sensoria website. You can also download a convenient Sensoria mobile app for iPhone and Android devices!
Also new this year, an assortment of food trucks will visit the Central Campus several days during Sensoria. Be sure to stop outside Overcash and sample some delicious food:
- Saturday, April 13 Roaming Fork (During Jazz on the Green)
- Monday, April 15 Roots Farm Food Truck
- Tuesday, April 16 Sal’s Roadside Eatery and The Homegrown Crepe
- Wednesday, April 17 Cupcake Delirium and Roaming Fork
- Thursday, April 18 Tin Kitchen
For more event information, visit the official event website at http://sensoria.cpcc.edu.