Stop by the new Career Services Central Campus Drop-In Lab on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Located in Central High, Room 332, this lab is devoted entirely to students’ job search needs. Search for jobs on EmploymeNC and other online job sites, complete online job applications and write resumes and cover letters. A career counselor will be on site to answer questions about your job search as well as review your resume and cover letter.
Mark your calendar for Thursday March 5, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m for the CPCC Career Fair. More than 95 companies will be at the Grady Cole Center to discuss full-time, part-time and internship opportunities.
What should you be doing now to get ready for next month’s job searching event?
Have your resume reviewed by a career counselor. You have three options for doing so:
- Schedule a 30-minute resume appointment with a career counselor at your campus.
- Email your resume to a career counselor for suggested edits.
- Stop by Central Campus Drop-In Hours, every Wednesday 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (no appointment necessary). Bring a printed copy of your resume with you.
Get your professional attire ready.
- Professional dress is required for admission to the event.
- Dress to impress the employers.
- Visit the Career Services Pinterest board for tips on what to wear.
Research companies attending the career fair.
- Use the link listing attending employers to learn which companies are recruiting for your program.
- Research the companies you want to talk to.
- Apply now through EmploymeNC to the jobs they’re recruiting for. This shows the recruiters your interest!
- Practice your pitch outlining what you’ll say to employers at the fair.
Be sure to visit the Career Services career fair tips page for additional resources.