The CityLYNX Gold Line provides a direct link to the heart of Uptown, connecting you to bus and light rail services, healthcare facilities, entertainment and small businesses. The CityLYNX Gold Line is a free service, so you do not need a ticket to ride. In order to keep the Gold Line safe and enjoyable for everyone, please remember the following:
• Park only in designated spaces. Even if just for a few minutes, do not park your car on Elizabeth Avenue if there is not an official parking space.
• Your entire vehicle, including mirrors, must be within the solid white parking lines. Incorrectly parked cars will be subject to a citation and towing.
• Cross only at designated crosswalks. There are clearly marked signs showing you safe areas to cross the street. If you see the streetcar coming, wait for it to pass before you cross.
• Stay Alert. Look up from your phone. Take out your ear buds or turn the volume down. Remember, safety starts with you.
• Cyclists should cross the tracks at a 90 degree angle to avoid getting wheels stuck or crashing.
For more information, please visit www.ridetransit.org
Driving Under the Influence …………. NOT Above the Law
Thirty percent of fatal crashes in North Carolina are due to alcohol intoxication. Did you know you can also be arrested for impaired driving if you drive under the influence of illegal drugs and even some prescription drugs?
North Carolina’s Zero Tolerance Law carries serious consequences for those under 21 years old who are convicted of driving under an influence. Punishment can be anywhere from a 30 day license revocation and a $100 fine to upwards of a year without a license, $1,000 fine with court costs and community service.
For those over age 21, even one drink is impaired driving. Do you know what constitutes a drink?
What to do?
First know most college students don’t drink and don’t drink and drive.
Host non-alcoholic parties, stand your ground that you don’t drink, and if you do drink and are over 21, plan for a designated driver or safe way home.
Think you might have a problem ? Ask yourself
|Have you ever felt the need to Cut down on your drinking?
|Have you ever felt Annoyed by someone’s criticizing your drinking?
|Have you ever felt bad or Guilty about your drinking?
|Have you ever needed a drink first thing in the morning to steady your nerves and get rid of a hangover? (Eye-opener)
If you need help don’t be ashamed to ask, contact your colleges counseling center for assistance.
Tips compiled from national resources by Carolinas Center for Injury Prevention. These tips and information do not guarantee the prevention of death or injury and should not be the only source of information used.
For more on traffic safety, visit www.facebook.com/IRIDESAFECAROLINA