This June, CPCC faculty and students from a variety of our allied health programs will be going to Ibarra, Ecuador, to provide medical services and patient education to children and adults.
There are a few ways that you can support our cause:
- Eat in or dine out at Nothing but Noodles on Tuesday, September 25. Be sure to mention “Study Abroad” at the register.
- Fulfill your Family Campaign donation by supporting our trip
Thank you for your support!
As part of the Strengthening the NCSG Partnership with the NCCCS to Enhance STEM-Based Learning program, NC Space Grant (NCSG) is offering a competitive scholarship opportunity for community college students majoring in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) disciplines at any campus in the NC Community College System (NCCCS). These $2,500 scholarships are competitive awards based on academic merit.
The Community College STEM Scholarship award will provide students with $2,500 in their sophomore year (Spring 2017 semester) as long as the student maintains at least a 3.0 GPA and meets other requirements of the award. This scholarship is based on academic merit and potential for successful matriculation into a 4-year degree program. Awards will be distributed at the end of the semester pending the submission of required reports/projects.
Healthcare programs count as STEM! Application closes November 15. For more information, visit http://ncspacegrant.org/index.php?page=community-college-stem-scholarship-program.
During the event, you will be able to:
• learn about 15 allied health and nursing programs
• tour our health education building, laboratories and classrooms
• meet faculty and staff from all of the programs
• meet with admissions representatives and apply online