Welcome to the new semester!
Please consider carpooling or using public transportation, and plan to arrive early to campus to allow enough time to park and find your class. Traffic is heavy during this time of the year, and there are construction and maintenance projects on most CPCC campuses – particularly Central Campus – that could cause issues. We strongly encourage you to carpool or use public transportation as Central Campus traffic volumes adjust during the first two weeks of class (please see the CATS / CPCC transportation “cheat sheet” at the bottom of this message and attached)
Also, consider visiting your campus ahead of time to get comfortable with your parking and classroom locations before classes start if this will be your first semester with the college.
Here are the latest updates (please see the Central Campus map for locations of parking decks and lots):
- PARKING DECKS:
- Central Campus parking deck #2 – 1108 Charlottetowne Ave.
- Central Campus parking deck #3 – 1345 E. 4th St.
- Central Campus parking deck #4 – 1225 E. 4th St.
- PARKING DECK CLOSURE: As a reminder, the parking deck located at the corner of 7th Street and Charlottetowne Ave. (parking deck #1), will remain closed until further notice while maintenance work continues.
- PARKING DECK / LOT AVAILABILITY: To help with the need for parking spaces on Central Campus, students can park in any of the other decks and in all surface lots. The only exceptions are spaces that require a handicap permit, visitor spaces, and designated maintenance vehicle or administration spaces. Also, students may not park in the SunTrust bank lot or risk having your car towed.
Get your parking decal. Local businesses strictly enforce towing. Student parking decals are available at any campus Cashiering office during regular operating hours. All Cashiering offices will have extended hours the first two weeks of the term (Jan. 14–24). During that time, the hours of operation are 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Friday. Parking decals must be displayed by Thursday, Jan. 31.
If you have any questions, please contact the CPCC Information Center at 704.330.2722 (CPCC).
Have a great semester!