Welcome to the first day of classes for the spring 2019 semester! There are some important – and exciting – changes happening at the library. The Hagemeyer Learning Resources Center – the old building that housed the Central Campus library – is now closed so the library has moved across the quad to 1241 Charlottetowne Ave., which is beside the curved Citizens Building.
The Learning Resources Center (and Pease Auditorium inside the building) will come down and be replaced by a new, state-of-the art library and student success center for our students. The new facility will also include a replacement of the existing Pease Auditorium and gallery. The new Central Campus library and student success center is scheduled to be completed in 2022.
Even in its new location across the quad, the fantastic library team is still here to assist you.
- Reading room, group & quiet study spaces
- Staff available to direct students & provide academic support
- Computers and printing labs
- Graphing calculator, laptop, and hotspot checkouts
- Information Technology Services (ITS) Express services
- Books & DVDs for checkout
Also, Blackboard orientation sessions are available the first week of classes:
- Students can sign up online for group sessionsat Central and Levine campuses or for one-on-one sessions at all campuses
Here’s the breakdown of the departments and services housed in this new location for the Central Campus library:
- ITS Help Desk
- Coppa Coffee (opening February 2019)
- Library Informational desk
- Computer lab
- Library Archives
- Library classroom
- Learning commons, collaboration space
- Library quiet study spaces
- English department
- Library administration
- Digital Media Services