CPCC has three exciting scholarship applications available for 2018/2019.
Please visit http://www.cpcc.edu/financial_aid/assistance/scholarships to apply.
Grainger Tools for Tomorrow Scholarship. Application Due March 31
Students must be full time and graduating in 2019.
1. Grainger application form.
2. Letter of recommendation from professor, teacher or advisor.
3. Transcript demonstrating GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
4. 200-300 words on why you chose to study skilled trades/public safety, how your achievements and/or
leadership roles have helped you grow individually and your future career goals.
5. A list of clubs, activities, accomplishments, leadership roles held and years involved, including those related to your field of study or military job experience.
WINGS Scholarship. Application Due 04/02/2018
Eligible applicants who meet the following criteria will be considered for a scholarship:
* Have a clear sense of what they want to achieve through education and a plan for doing it.
* Have successfully completed some post-high school studies with a grade-point average of 2.5 whether they are currently enrolled or not.
* Have shown through their studies, and in other ways, that they are serious about their personal and career goals.
* Are U.S. citizens
* Are at least 25 years old
* Meet eligibility criteria to receive financial aid
* Are the major source of financial support for themselves and/or their children, or need retraining in order to achieve higher earnings or greater financial security.
WINGS Bridge Scholarship. Application Due 04/02/2018
A qualified candidate for a WINGS Bridge scholarship.
- Has a clear sense of what she wants to achieve through education and has a plan for doing so.
- Has successfully completed some post-high school studies and achieved at least the level of sophomore with a grade-point average of 3.0, whether currently enrolled or not.
- Is pursuing her first bachelor’s degree directly related to her chosen career plan.
- Has shown not only in her studies but in other ways that she is serious about her personal and career goals.
- Is a U.S. citizen or has permanent resident status.
- Is at least 25 years old.
- Meets eligibility criteria to receive financial aid.
- Is the major source of financial support for herself and/or her children, or needs retraining in order to achieve higher earnings or greater financial security.
- Is graduating from (or graduated in the last 6 months from) Central Piedmont Community College.
- Wants to continue her studies at Johnson C. Smith University, Queens University of Charlotte, or the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- Is eager to work with a mentor during the course of a WINGS scholarship, and to talk openly with her about successes, problems and plans. Active participation in the mentoring part of the scholarship is a condition of scholarship renewal.