Applications are now available for interested female students who wish to apply to the 2017-2018 Ruth G. Shaw Scholars program. This fantastic learning experience and leadership development program is open to students who will be enrolled during the entire 2017-2018 academic year.
The program is designed to:
- Connect women students to one another and to a supportive network of community mentors.
- Inspire women students to assume positions of leadership and to celebrate their individual and collective achievements.
- Nurture female student leaders by encouraging and demonstrating critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and problem-solving strategies.
- Foster a deeper awareness of the many roles women play and their contributions to society.
The program is limited to 10 female students who will participate in sessions, both with RGS mentors and separately with scholars. Through monthly luncheons and guided conversations with community mentors, the Ruth G. Shaw Women’s Leadership Program offers:
- Interaction with college leaders, faculty, staff and alumnae.
- Personal and professional skill development.
- Hands-on leadership development.
- Recognition of achievement.
- A capstone presentation at the conclusion of the program.
A $1,000 scholarship is also awarded to Scholars. Additional information and applications are available online. Deadline to apply is Monday, April 24. Questions? Contact Amanda Capobianchi.