The 22nd Annual CPCC Skyline Run is quickly approaching! This 5K event that raises money for student scholarships is taking place on Saturday, April 22, 2017, and we need you to help make this event a huge success! We need more than 100 volunteers for this event, so your willingness to join us and help make the Skyline Run fun and safe is greatly appreciated!! All volunteers will receive a free 2017 Skyline Run T-shirt as a thank you for their participation!
Please visit the Skyline Run page to register as a volunteer and click on the volunteer link. Gather your family and friends, register to volunteer, and have a wonderful morning! If you have any questions, please contact Jenn.Marts@cpcc.edu or call 704-330-6824. A BIG thank you is extended to those who have already committed to volunteering!
Some of the areas we still need assistance with for the Skyline Run include – you can register for any of these assignments on the Skyline Run website:
- Balloons—Blow up and distribute balloons on race day for start line/directions
- Food Zone – Pass out snacks and pizza to runners/walkers/families
- Kid Zone – Play with the children in bouncy houses and keep an eye on them
- Course Intersection Monitor—Stationed at intersections to keep racers on track; keep cars off course
- Family Fun Run—Keep cars away from race course; make sure kids stay on track; give out ribbons to kids
- Pre-Registration Packet Pick-Up—Help give out race packets day before the race
- Water Team—Give water to runners on the course, help with clean-up