Please vote today for CPCC to Win the Charlotte Chamber Wells Fargo Green Award!
The online vote is here! Please send the link below to as many contacts as you can. The link and online voting goes live now through Friday, October 23.
CPCC was recently notified that it was one of three finalists in the large company category for the Charlotte Chamber Wells Fargo Green award. Four topics were the subject of the jury’s review:
- Recycling: CPCC has almost DOUBLED its recycling rate in three years – from 20.9% to 38.9%. Great job, all!
- Energy and Water Conservation: Over the past year, CPCC’s electricity consumption dropped 12% and gas consumption dropped 33%.
- Sustainability & Renewable Energy Use:
- Solar thermal system for hot water at Van Every Culinary
- Solar PV lights at the Harris Campus and Disher parking lot
- Solar PV on Elizabeth Classroom for STEMS program and Duke Energy grid tie-in
- Solar PV USB chargers on the Central Campus quad and at Levine Campus
- Electric car charger in SD3 and Cato Campus
- Cistern for irrigation and rain garden at Van Every Culinary
- Wildlife habitats at all campuses
- Green wall at SD3
- LED lights in all new construction and renovation projects
- Ice storage for Levine 3
- Solar PV at Levine 3
- Electric car charging stations at all campuses
- Green roof on Pease Auditorium
The final phase in the competition is on-line voting, similar to American Idol, so we NEED YOUR HELP!