The Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance for currently enrolled students pursuing a two-year degree at the Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC). It is made possible through library fundraising projects. The deadline for submitting an application for the scholarship is November 6, 2015.
To be eligible for the CPCC Library Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a full-time student, currently enrolled in 12 credit hours or more in an approved program leading to a two-year degree.
- Must have completed at least one full-time semester (a minimum of 12 credit hours) at CPCC within the past two semesters, excluding the current semester, at the time of application and have a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher from CPCC. A copy of your complete CPCC transcript (unofficial) must be submitted with the application.
- Submit a completed application with supporting documents.
- Write an original 550 to 750 word essay on how the CPCC libraries have helped you achieve your educational goals thus far.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a CPCC faculty or staff member that you have known within the last two years.
- Library employees, including work study students, are NOT eligible to apply.
- Scholarships are awarded for one academic semester only; previous Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship winners may not reapply.
For more information about the scholarship program, visit http://www.cpcc.edu/library/scholarship.