It’s Career Fair week at CPCC! Career Services wants to make you aware of last minute details to get you prepared for the career fair taking place this Thursday, March 5 from 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. at the Grady Cole Center.
- Last chance for a resume review is March 4. The Career Services Central campus office will offer Drop-Ins on Wednesday March 4 from 9 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. No appointment necessary. Bring a hard copy of your resume to receive feedback.
- Professional dress is required for admission to the event. Job seekers who are not dressed professionally will not be admitted to the career fair. Please visit the Career Services Pinterest board for tips on how to dress professionally.
- Pack a “career fair first aid kit.” Essentials that will come in handy include an umbrella, pens, water, snacks, and additional copies of your resume.
- Don’t forget your CPCC student ID. Avoid standing in long lines and be admitted through the VIP entrance.
- Practice your elevator speech. What you say to employers – and how you say it – can make or break their interest in your application. Practice your PR pitch now through Thursday.
- Arrive early. The event runs from 10:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m., but arriving earlier gives you more time to prepare and interact with companies.
Please know that all campus Career Services offices will be closed Thursday, March 5 and Friday, March 6 due to the Career Fair.
See you at the Grady Cole Center this Thursday!