Parking lot #4, located behind the Central High Building on Central Campus, is now open and features 88 CPCC student and visitor parking spaces, 10 handicapped-accessible spaces and two motorcycle spaces.
The lot has been closed since July 2014 for major reconstruction work. Since that time, construction crews have modernized the space, adding:
- concrete curbs/gutters and sidewalks.
- asphalt pavement, striping and wheel stops.
- a perimeter block retaining wall along Kings Drive.
- a new entry plaza, with brick pavers and benches.
- a metal screen wall and gate at service court.
- new, 30-foot parking lot pole lights, provided by Duke Energy.
- new trees and landscaping.
Lot #4 is located off of Pease Lane, and may be accessed from Kings Dr. or Elizabeth Ave. For directions, view the Central Campus map.
Elizabeth Ave. on Central Campus now open
Elizabeth Ave., from Charlottetowne Ave. to Kings Dr., on CPCC¹s Central Campus is now open. All traffic is now permitted to use Elizabeth Ave. as a thoroughfare.
Please note: Elizabeth Ave. is still closed past the Kings Dr. intersection to traffic travelling westbound toward uptown Charlotte.
To see a detailed traffic map of Central Campus, please click here.