More than 80 employers registered for the CPCC Career Fair!
Get your resume ready!
The CPCC Career Fair is just a few weeks away! Mark your calendar for Thursday March 6, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Companies from a variety of industries will be at the Grady Cole Center to discuss part-time and full-time job openings.
Don’t judge a company by its title or industry. One employer is looking for candidates from three different programs (Business Administration, Hospitality Management and Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology). Another employer from the banking industry is seeking students from the Criminal Justice Technology program. Be sure to visit the list of employers link and search by academic programs to find companies looking for your qualifications.
Is your resume ready for the Career Fair?
Update or create your resume now and bring many copies to the career fair. Employers will be collecting and reviewing them, looking for candidates to contact for job interviews. Will your resume make the cut?
- Develop a one page resume that’s targeted to specific companies and industries.
- Use keywords found in your targeted industries and action verbs to describe job duties.
- Make sure the appearance is consistent and standard (no fancy fonts or colored graphics).
- Check for spelling errors.
- Remember that employers glance at resumes for an average of just six seconds!
Finally, have your resume reviewed by a career counselor in our offices located on all campuses. Contact our Central Campus office at 704.330.6433, CH 365 or view contact information for Career Services at other campuses.