CPCC has students from all over the world and El Salvador is the country of origin for approximately 210 students. The Super Bowl is almost here so let’s try Salvadoran Style Guacamole, a tasty appetizer.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 3 large ripe avocados (1½ to 1¾ pounds)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 hard-boiled egg, thin sliced or crumbled
- 1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
1. Peel, pit, and chop the avocados into small cubes.
2. Add the onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano and mix gently so as to keep the guacamole chunky.
3. Garnish the guacamole with the sliced or crumbled hard-boiled eggs and cheese.