Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
The Financial Aid & Veterans Affairs Office would like to advertise the Barry M. Goldwater scholarship information for the 2012-2013 academic year.
To honor former Senator Barry Goldwater, the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation has created the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship. The Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship was created through the operation of an education scholarship program and is financed by a permanent trust fund endowment. The scholarship is designed to encourage outstanding students to pursue careers in mathematics, the natural sciences and engineering.
Eligible students will be those students meeting the following criteria:
- Must be an undergraduate sophomore- or junior-level student, at two- and four-year colleges and universities accredited by the Department of Education.
- Must be enrolled and matriculated in a degree program at an accredited U.S. college.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree as a full-time student during the forthcoming academic year.
- Must have a college GPA of at least a “B” average and be ranked in the upper fourth of his or her class.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, national or resident alien (resident aliens must include a letter of the nominee’s intent to become a U.S. citizen and a photocopy of the Alien Registration Card).
- Must have selected a field of study that will permit admission to a graduate or professional program in preparation for a career in mathematics, the natural sciences or engineering.
The CPCC Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship application submission deadline is January 16, 2012. The Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship application may be submitted online along with additional supporting documentation at http://www.act.org/goldwater/apply/index.html.