Thinking about getting some early Christmas shopping done? The Holiday Art Market is in full swing! Come by the Ross Gallery and check it out! Monday-Thursday 10am-2pm.
CPCC Central campus has a full calendar of receptions for the month of November and we would love for you to join us for them all (or as many as you can). The schedule and show notes are as follows:
- Thursday, November 8 from 5-8 pm in Ross Gallery, Central Campus Overcash Building
- Please join us for the reception for the Holiday Art Market! The market features art from local artists, CPCC faculty, staff, and students. There are lots of pieces priced $50 or less, so please join us for an evening of sweet treats and local art shopping!
- Wednesday, November 14 from 4-6 pm on the 4th floor of the library, Central Campus Hagemeyer Learning Resource Center
- The Balance Show would like to extend an invitation to you to join them for their reception of their current exhibition located on the 4th floor of the Central Campus Library.This Show has been entirely built, designed, and written up by students, so stop by and celebrate their success! They are still accepting submissions up until the reception date, click here to learn more.
- Wednesday, November 14 from 6-8 pm in Pease Gallery, Central Campus Lower Level of Learning Resource Center
- Join us as we host our final Reception in Pease Gallery before demolition of the building. The Airy Knoll Farm Show : Cross-Pollination showcases work from students and professional artists who visited Elizabeth Ross’ farm in Middlebrook, Virginia this summer. This is the final Airy Knoll Farm Show on CPCC campus and we would love for you to join us for an evening of light refreshments and fellowship.
Submit your artwork to be on display during our Holiday Art Market in Ross Gallery, Central Campus.
All works must be listed at $50 or less. Due date for artwork drop off is Wednesday, November 7, 2018 by 2:00 p.m.
All students are invited to join our Holiday Reception on Thursday, November 8 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Gallery Hours: Monday – Thursday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and one hour before Theater Performances
Don’t forget to stop by the Ross Art Gallery between 11-1pm tomorrow (10/31) to pick up an autographed copy of the coloring book “The Beautiful Book of Exquisite Corpses”. The first 200 students will receive it free of charge. Gavin Edwards, along with some of the artists featured in the book will also be here. See you then!
Tomorrow is also the last day for our MakerSpace. A big thanks to everyone who has participated. It has been a lot of fun! Happy Halloween!
CPCC Art Galleries will be hosting the Annual Holiday Art Market in Ross Gallery on Central Campus November 5th- December 5th, 2018. Students, faculty, and some local artists will have works for sale to help you complete your holiday shopping! Choose from ceramics, jewelry, paintings, and photography created by members of your Charlotte community. There will be a large selection of gifts priced under $50, so be sure to stop in and discover what is in store!
if you are a local (Charlotte Area) artist interested in participating in the Holiday Art Market, email email@example.com for more information.
Gavin Edwards, editor of The Beautiful Book of Exquisite Corpses will be visiting Ross Gallery on Central Campus on Wednesday October 31, 2018 from 11:00am to 1:00pm. Accompanying Edwards will be local artists and book contributors Dustin Harbin and Holly Keogh. Be sure to stop by as the first 200 visitors will receive a FREE copy of the book!
The game of Exquisite Corpse is simple: two or more people create an unpredictable artwork by folding the paper to hide each contribution, leaving only small connective lines for clues. The unfolded page reveals a finished collaboration—sometimes wacky, sometimes twisted, and always unique. With this book, you can create your own Exquisite Corpses, with friends or on your own, because the pages are already packed with potential collaborators.– Penguin Random House
Now is your chance to come explore your creative side! In collaboration with CPCC Student Life, The Ross Gallery in Overcash Building on Central Campus will be transformed into the inaugural MakerSpace. Students are invited to come into the gallery and express some creativity! From collage to origami, we will be offering a variety of artistic and craft based materials for students to experiment with and explore their creative hand.
Take a moment to breathe and relax and carve some time out of your busy day and make a craft with us!
October 15-31, 2018, Monday – Thursday 10am-2pm
photo courtesy of Katie St. Clair
On view in Ross Gallery, August 15 – October 10
Fruiting Bodies by Katie St. Clair
Gallery Hours: Monday – Thursday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
For those of you worried about missing color + color = space by Felicia van Bork in Ross Gallery…
Have no fear! Our exhibition dates have been extended thanks to Jerald Melberg Gallery. Please visit the exhibit in Ross Gallery on Central Campus.
Monday – Thursday from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. from now until July 19, 2018 Additional gallery hours during Halton Summer Theater performances, open one hour before performance.